Renown as experts in HMO property management the team at TFPG go out of their way to provide the very best form of care and attention there is, leaving landlords safe in the knowledge that their interests are fully protected providing landlords with a real peace of mind.
We understand that HMO’s require greater involvement by the management company and specialist knowledge to manage efficiently, this is why we are your HMO Specialist.
With sharers comes more active tenant management and often a higher turnover. The property will typically require more repairs than a single let, and the communal area is also generally the responsibility of the landlord and/or the managing agent.
Furthermore, sharing properties / HMOs are subject to a host of legislation which can be a true mine field for someone just starting out.
If instructed to manage your HMO, our services will include the following:
- • Liaison with the local authorities to ensure the HMO is licensed correctly if required.
- • Advice on any works required to ensure compliance with amenity, space and fire regulations as laid down by the Housing Act 2004.
- • If appropriate, we will conduct a fire risk assessment which will be reviewed annually.
- • Close relationships with the Local Authority, educational establishments and major local employers to ensure rapid lettings to tenants and minimise room void periods.
- • Weekly inspections to ensure your tenants are treating the fabric of the building with respect.
- • Management practices to ensure the legal requirements are maintained in accordance with the “Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation Regulations 2006” Act.
- • Advice on licensing, Article 4 and planning permissions.
If you’d like one of our HMO specialists to conduct a review of your property, please contact us.